If you get certain advertising data reported by email or have a monthly fee for an advertising software that you want to get into Clarisights, you can upload it using a CSV file that you format and populate with data yourself.
This article explains how to format and upload your data to Clarisights.
Formatting the file
The following information can be included in the file and is required:
(these examples assume company timezone is IST +05:30)
Date (string): The following timestamps are supported:
- 2017/10/01 (YYYY/MM/DD), 2017-10-01 (YYYY-MM-DD), 20171001 (YYYYMMDD), 01-10-2017(DD-MM-YYYY), 01/10/2017(DD/MM/YYYY) all these formats will be interpreted as "Sun, 01 Oct 2017 00:00:00 IST +05:30"
- Date with time and timezone information will be parsed and converted in company timezone, so "2017-11-24 02:30:23 UTC" will be interpreted as "Tue, 23 Nov 2017 22:30:23 EST -4:00"
- Week 32 -> commercial week 32 of this year. If given week is greater than current commercial week, it is assumed to be of previous year.
- 2017/10/01 10:00:00 ->will return 10 AM in company timezone
- 2017/10/01 10:00:0005:30 -> will correctly parse it in India timezone and then convert the time to company's timezone.
- Oct -> 1st Oct of current year
- Oct 2016 -> 1st Oct of 2016
- 31 -> 31st of current month. If current month does not have 31st then that row will not be imported
- Mon -> will return today date in company timezone. Tuesday, Wednesday or any other day will also return today's date in company timezone regardless of what today's day is.
- 01102017 (DDMMYYYY) is not supported
The following information can be included but is optional:
- Dimensions (String)
- Metrics (Integer or Float)
Adding custom csv file:
Step 1 - Select "POD" as the integration on the Integrations page
Step 2 - Give a suitable name and abbreviation to the file upload and chose "CSV" in the Source Type.
Step 3 - Specify the list of dimensions and metrics that you are uploading i.e. the header row. Make sure to match the exact same name as it is present in the header row.
Step 4 - Once your have specified the list of metrics and dimensions, you are good to upload the CSV file.
The CSV file that you would have uploaded get added as a new channel. You can create your reports by selecting this channel as the source.